Krakow School of Interdisciplinary PhD Studies (KISD) was founded on May, 6th 2019 r. by:
- The Henryk Niewodniczański Institute of Nuclear Physics Polish Academy of Sciences,
- Jerzy Haber Institute of Catalysis and Surface Chemistry Polish Academy of Sciences,
- Maj Institute of Pharmacology Polish Academy of Sciences,
- Institute of Metallurgy and Materials Science Polish Academy of Sciences,
- Faculty of Physics and Applied Computer Science AGH University of Science and Technology,
- Faculty of Materials Science and Ceramics AGH University of Science and Technology .
Education in our school prepares for obtaining the doctoral degree and is conducted in the following disciplines:
- physical sciences,
- chemical sciences,
- medical sciences,
- material engineering.
Education in KISD is characterized by a modernity and up-to-date research topics as well as a flexible curriculum allowing to choose classes depending on the needs of the doctoral student.
Education in KISD lasts from 6 to 8 semesters and ends with submitting a doctoral dissertation. It is carried out through the implementation of an individual research program and education programmes.
Education in school is based on the following documents:
- Agreement on establishing a PhD School
- Organizational regulations on education
- Training Program of the Krakow School of Interdisciplinary PhD Studies
- Recruitment regulations