Recruitment 2020/2021 – changes in the schedule
Due to the current epidemic situation in the country, we would like to kindly inform you that the schedule of recruitment procedures for the Krakow Interdisciplinary Doctoral School for the academic year 2020/2021 will be changed.
Recruitment dates will be updated in June 2020.
Please check the information on the school website.
Applying to KISD- step by step
Step 1 – choose a research topic and get approval from the supervisor
The current list of research topics is available in Annex 1 to the Recruitment Announcement and on the Research topics web page.
Details of the selected research topic are available on the Research topics page.
The research topic description also contains the contact to the candidate for supervisor. Contact with the candidate for a superior is necessary, because his consent to to take up the function of a supervisor within a proposed research topic is needed for the recruitment process. Consent template available here.
Step 2 – prepare and complete application documents
1. Application form.
- Letter of application
- Consent of a person proposing a research subject to take up the position of a supervisor
- Reference of an MA thesis supervisor or head of a research group in which the candidate works
- List of scientific record and achievements, including the copies of (first pages) of papers/posters, internship completion certificates, award certificates etc. documenting the candidate’s accomplishments
- Letters of recommendation (optional)
- 2 candidate’s photographs (ID format) and 1 photograph in an electronic form
- Copy of a diploma of MA (or related) studies or a certificate of their completion
- Information on average overall grade – a diploma supplement or certificate.
3. The signed RODO clause should be attached to the application form.
Step 3 – provide documents to the PhD School secretary office within the time indicated in the recruitment procedure
Schedule of the recruitment procedure is announced on the school website.
Step 4 – get a formal assessment of the application
The recruitment procedure is composed of the following stages:
- call for applications,
- major examination.
The applications undergo formal verification. The verification is be conducted by the competent Recruitment Committees. Incomplete applications or applications of candidates who have not met formal requirements will not be considered. Candidates who have met formal requirements and earned at least 15 points in total for the for the average overall grade and for scientific record and achievements (criteria are referred in Recriutment regulations) will be admitted to the major exam.
Step 5 – pass the exam
After the verification of the applications a detailed schedule of major exams will be published on the PhD School website. The schedule will include the dates, hours and place of major exams for particular candidates.
A major exam taken by a Candidate will be conducted by the competent Recruitment Committee at the seat of the Unit at which a given research topic is to be pursued.
Step 6 – deliver to school the declaration on undertaking training at KISD
Within 5 days from the day of publishing the list of the PhD students, each of them is obliged to deliver the declaration on:
- undertaking training at the PhD School,
- choosing the Unit at which a research topic shall be pursued,
- not undertaking training at any other PhD school.
A sample of the declaration can be download from the school website.